11jun1:00 pm3:00 pmJtown MusicfestTime: 1p-3p Location: Japantown Peace Plaza1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Merchants of the Japan Center Malls Presents the Jtown MusicFest. A Weekend Series of Taiko Drumming, Jazz and Contemporary Music Celebrating YOU
- The Merchants of the Japan Center Malls Presents the Jtown MusicFest. A Weekend Series of Taiko Drumming, Jazz and Contemporary Music Celebrating YOU – Visitors and Guests of Japantown
- Here is the artist lineup: JITEN DaikoJiten Daiko is a young Bay Area Japanese taiko ensemble based at Buddhist Church of San Francisco. Jiten means self-powered, and Jiten Daiko relies on the strength, creativity, and synergy of dedicated drummers working together. Benny Luis Experience Ben is a working musician whose musicality covers all styles with a mixture from straight ahead, Latin rhythms, to funk. He stays on the mainstream edge infusing his ideas and life
- John Worley & Mo-CHI Quintet John L. Worley Jr. leads The Mo-Chi Quintet whose repertoire includes original jazz compositions of the members of the group as well as music taken from the Great American songbook.Several of the compositions played will be from John’s Cd’s, WorlView and Naivasha.
- Mukaro Taiko is a group of seasoned musicians reaching for the highest expression of taiko artistry. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, they provide live performance experiences designed to uplift, exhilarate, and inspire audiences.
- Time: 1p-3p
- Location: Japantown Peace Plaza
(Sunday) 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Japantown Peace Plaza
22 Peace Plaza